The first two years of the PhD Management program at HEC Paris are aimed at providing students with a strong basis to conduct research at the highest level.
Foundation Courses address the fundamental principles of management research, while Specialization Courses offer state-of-the-art insight in a particular discipline. Methods Courses help students to develop the skills needed to produce research publishable in top academic journals. Under the guidance of their advisor, students build theory and design empirical studies culminating in a Summer Paper (end of Year 1) and Research Thesis (end of Year 2).
Finally, Professional Development Courses prepare students for an academic career by offering training in academic writing publishing in top academic journals, pedagogy, and career management. Note that students have the option to take French language courses throughout the PhD Program.
Students who validate all requirements of the Research Master phase obtain a Master Degree (Master en Sciences du Management) accredited by the French Ministry of Education under European Standards equivalent to a total of 120 ECTS.
Why choose PhD Management program at HEC Paris
Every leading business school or university recruits its professors on the basis of their groundbreaking research and publications in the leading research journals. The HEC Paris PhD Program prepares students for this challenge. It offers the training needed to enter the demanding world of academia. Built on a strategy of excellence, it aims to attract students with the highest level of academic ambition. The hallmarks of our program are intensive coursework, close supervision, and full immersion in the school’s research activities.
- Organizational Theory
- Fundamentals of Individual Behavior in Organizations
- The Economics of Organization
- Research Methods
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Opening of the System: July 1,
- Application deadline: December 16, (preferred deadline). January 5, (latest deadline)
- Opening of the System: January 9,
- Application deadline: April 16, .
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (Bachelor and Master)
- Personal statement motivating your choice of pursuing a PhD in Management
- Résumé (CV)
- Optional Research material that may support your application (dissertation, paper, research work, ...)
- Management test score report: GMAT or GRE official test score report
- English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL or IELTS
- 2 completed online reference forms from professors
- Passport-style photo and proof of ID
- Non-refundable application fee of €60.
International30000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEA30000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 EUR per year during 60 months.
Year 1-2: € 30 000
Year 3-5: € 12000
Living costs for Jouy-en-Josas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
HEC provides a full tuition waiver to all its PhD students without condition of academic background or origin.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.