This doctoral degree in Nursing Practice at Western Carolina University will give you the opportunity to hold leadership roles within the health care system of public and private practices, can lead to administrative opportunities or you can choose to pursue teaching in a postsecondary environment.
- This program is a partnership between the Schools of Nursing at Western Carolina University and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- The D.N.P. is a 42-semester hour (post-master level) program that also includes 1,000 clinical practice hours (including 500 from MSN program). The classroom curriculum will focus on subjects like Health Care Policy and Ethics; Global Health and Social Justice; Economics of the Health Care System; and other 800-level courses.
- A D.N.P. gives you the opportunity to continue clinical work at a public hospital or private practice, advance to administrative roles in the health care system, teach postsecondary courses to the next generation of nurses, research best practice policies or pursue other professional opportunities.
- According to NursingLink.com the average salary for D.N.P. degree holders is $95,000. If you’re looking to explore teaching, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing states there is a shortage of qualified nursing faculty with doctoral-level degrees.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing Health Management View 35 other PhDs in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International25236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State14830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7415 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Cullowhee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.