The Course aims to:
- Support you to develop capacity in designing and executing theoretically sound and methodologically robust business-focused research
- Enable you to grasp a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods employed in both basic and applied research
- Assist you to improve capabilities in disseminating evidence-based research outcomes via interaction with recipients within an academic and/or a practice-based setting
This Business (Postgraduate Research) programme offered by the University of Wolverhampton is hosted by the Management Research Centre (MRC) at the University of Wolverhampton Business School (UWBS) with a stimulating research environment where PhD students play a vital role. With about 25 PhD students currently aligned to our four research clusters, you will join a small but highly interactive and vibrant research community.
Potential Career Paths
- You will be equipped to take up positions in a wide range of sectors requiring research, the exercise of initiatives, and decision-making in complex situations. Successfully completed PhDs from our programme have since developed careers in academia and other professional arenas such as management consultancy and senior management practice.
- Why not read our next session on ‘what our students think’ to discover what our PhD graduates are up to now and their perspectives on our PhD programme.
The PhD programme in the School has the following three milestones:
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Variable start date.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 51 other PhDs in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- a first or upper second class honours degree, or
- a master’s degree, or
- evidence of prior practice or learning that is accepted by the Dean of Research.
International13350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13350 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Home/EU - 2225 GBP per year.
- International - 6823 GBP per year.
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.