Applied Sport and Exercise Science at Liverpool John Moores University is an established discipline with growing possibilities for qualified professionals.
Opportunities for professional training at doctoral level are increasingly important for vocational careers within sport and exercise. This doctorate facilitates the creation and interpretation of new professional knowledge.
To obtain the award you will need to complete a related Masters programme or MPhil and spend two or more years acquiring a range of supervised skills connected with applied research.
The programme is underpinned by a strong focus on equipping future Applied Sport and Exercise Scientists for a range of professional scenarios associated with problem solving.
Students at Applied Sport and Exercise Science at Liverpool John Moores University will:
- develop their skills as research practitioners, more specifically the ability to complete research projects in the real world.
- demonstrate that they have the generic professional skills required to be Applied Sport and Exercise Scientists through their own work-based learning experiences, taught sessions on the programme and extensive supervision.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Planning and Training in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Sport and Exercise Science Professional Practice
- Reflection in Sport and Exercise Science
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Management Sports Sciences View 3 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a sport science related Masters or an appropriate MPhil award in a sport science related area
- IELTS 7.0 (minimum of 6.5 in each component)
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this course
- If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate
- International students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part-time
- The Professional Doctorate in Applied Sport and Exercise Science is not eligible for the LJMU Alumni Award if the 20% discount has already been used for an alternative LJMU programme
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 24 months.
Home total fees £15,600
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.