Bioengineering research at the University of Vermont focuses on the application of quantitative engineering analysis to the study of biological systems.
The goal of this program is the development and implementation of computational and experimental engineering approaches for describing, analyzing, and predicting the behavior of complex biological systems at multiple scales.
We consider scales ranging from the molecular level to the cell, tissue, organ, organism, and population levels. Emphasis is placed on understanding how biochemical, biomechanical and/or other biophysical processes interact and influence emergent properties at these different levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Measurements, Instrumentation and Systems
- Computational Fluids Engineering
- Mechanical Behaviors of Materials
- Composite Materials
- Advanced Dynamics
- Continuum Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biotechnology View 188 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective students must apply to the Bioengineering PhD program through the UVM Graduate College. Three letters of reference are required. Letters from research advisors or supervisors are highly desirable, and should attest to the applicant's ability to work independently in an academic setting.
- Students entering the Bioengineering PhD program should have a degree in an appropriate field of study and should have demonstrated academic performance as measured by grades and satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Prior coursework in engineering, computational science, and/or the life sciences is highly desirable.
International1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State683 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 683 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.