An alternative to traditional doctoral programs, the Social Sciences (Blended) program at the Royal Roads University focuses on the interdisciplinary applications of the social sciences to complex, real-world problems of direct concern to organizations, communities and society in general.
The program of study is designed to build your knowledge and understanding of a range of applied social research methodologies and their relevance to specific practical social purposes.
The program is based on the academic and professional expertise of the faculty at Royal Roads University.
Doctoral programs of study should align with one of the university’s strategic research themes and be linked to the subject expertise of the university’s academic programming.
The program is a professional degree program that focuses on the interdisciplinary applications of the social sciences to our contemporary world.
Through such applied research, the program addresses complex real-world problems at the organizational, community, and societal level.
The program responds to the national and global demand for workplace leaders with doctoral-level research skills who have the capacity for social and organizational innovation in support of sustainable organizations, communities, and societies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Integrity
- Social Change and Interdisciplinarity in Global Context
- Social Science Theory and the Globalized World
- Directed Study
- Research Paradigms in Applied Social Sciences
- Applied Qualitative Social Scientific Methods
- Applied Quantitative Social Scientific Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally, a master’s degree in one of the Social Sciences, or related field;
- Evidence of experience related to the degree program;
- Normally a minimum of 10 years with senior level decision-making authority;
- A competitive, interdisciplinary, applied research proposal that reflects current research foci in the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences at Royal Roads University.
International21927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 87710 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
National21927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 87710 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.