Materials Science and Engineering from Colorado State University strives to endow students with the tools to strategically question current design paradigms and drive innovative materials and manufacturing solutions across a diverse range of technological sectors. Motivated by modern materials challenges in energy, computing, transportation, impact protection, robotics, and global health care, MSE programs’ comprehensive, experiential training is designed to arm graduates with a modernized skill set tailored to confront those challenges head-on.
Students at Materials Science and Engineering from Colorado State University will get:
- Active hands-on training in the latest materials characterization and computational methods, materials-focused intellectual property protection and technology transfer, and professional soft skill development.
- Enhanced educational opportunities promoted through industry partnerships, facilitating internships and class time spent in active commercial manufacturing labs.
- A diverse core of faculty mentors driving advances in controlling structure at the nanoscale, predictive property modeling, high performance metal, polymer and ceramic composites, photovoltaics, and additive manufacturing.
- Materials Technology Transfer
- Materials Structure and Scattering
- Materials Science & Engineering Methods
- Computational Materials Methods
- Mechanical Behaviors of Materials
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- Professional Development Seminar
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 28 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation are required from previous instructors or employers who are able to comment on your abilities and potential for graduate study.
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school.
- The application fee
- Scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic.
- Certified proof of financial support
- Passport copy
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 36 months.
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15130 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.