The Ph.D. in Watershed Science from Colorado State University requires 72 credits, most of which are research credits. Coursework includes in-depth classes in the student’s area of research, as well as classes that expand into other disciplines.
Each student develops an individualized program of study with the guidance and approval of the student’s graduate committee.
Students in the Ph.D. program develop new contributions to the literature of the watershed science discipline.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Ethical Conduct of Research
- Advanced Snow Hydrology
- Hillslope Hydrology and Runoff Processes
- Spatial Statistical Modeling-Natural Resources
- Quantitative Spatial Analysis
- Data Issues in Hydrology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 12 other PhDs in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
- Confirmation from faculty advisor.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (Undergraduate degrees in unrelated fields may require additional coursework.)
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general test
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- Resume or curriculum vita
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 36 months.
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15130 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.