The Doctorate in Business Administration programme at the Vlerick Business School is designed to be flexible and tailored to you and your ambitions. You can organise your academic work around your schedule – and put together your own programme of self-study, residential sessions, academic conferences and events.
- The programme is split into a learning stage and a research stage – giving you the knowledge and skills you need to carry out individual and guided thesis work. You will be supported and guided from the start by a team of supervisors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fleld- specific exam
- Literature review
- Pilot study
- Research proposal
- Studying organisations and individuals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We accept admissions on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Submit an initial research topic that relates to our research expertise and is academically challenging
- Explain your motivation for joining the programme
- Submit a GMAT/ GRE test score from the last five years (you may be eligible for an exemption)
- Prove you are fluent in English
- Get support from at least two supervisors – one from the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Ghent University and one from the Faculty of Economics and Business at KU Leuven. We’ll help you find them.
- Diplomas and transcripts
- GMAT/GRE report (if applicable)
- English Language Proficiency Exam score (if applicable)
- You also need to write a short essay with your research title, topic and motivation.
- We’ll contact you as soon as we can to share our initial feedback. If you meet the criteria – and we think the programme is a good fit for you – we’ll set up an in-depth interview with the academic director.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60000 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60000 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
The total cost of the programme is €60,000.
- First and second year: €20,000 per year
- Third and fourth year: €10,000 per year
Each additional year is €6,500.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.