You will work amongst the very best researchers to produce original and distinctive globally leading research, with the ultimate goal of improving human health and wellbeing.
Why study this Applied Health Research programme from University of Birmingham
When you join your programme you will become part of the Graduate School within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences giving you access to:
- Supervision from leading academics to support you through your research programme including research techniques and training.
- Training and development courses to enable you to gain research and generic (transferable) training skills
- Opportunities to attend and take part in Research Poster festivals and other postgraduate activities to boost your academic and networking skills
- An allocated academic mentor so you can access pastoral support
- State-of-the art facilities to support a range of teaching, learning and research activity with access to dedicated write up rooms, libraries, and computer facilities.
- Biostatistics, Evidence Synthesis and Test Evaluation
- Child, Maternal and Lifestyle
- Chronic Disease Epidemiology and Management
- Health Economics
- Health Informatics and Patient Reported Outcomes
- Social Studies in Medicine
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Research degrees may start at any time of the year
DisciplinesEconomics Health Sciences View 196 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- 2:1 honours degree in a subject relevant to the research area you applying to.
International18450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18450 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.