The focus is on pioneering and innovative research in the field of Management and Business Research. The Management programme is offered by Erasmus University Rotterdam.
ERIM distinguishes five areas of research in management and offers fully funded PhD research projects in the following fields:
- Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems Organisation
- (Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Innovation Management, Transportation, Inventories, Terminal Operations, Sustainability, Procurement, Public Transport, Business Networks, Information and Communication Systems and Technologies)
- (Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Innovation, Organisational Behaviour, Sustainability, Leadership, Teams)
- (Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Management and Strategy, Marketing Modelling, Consumer Neuroscience)
- Finance & Accounting
- (Asset Management, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Real Estate Finance, Financial Accounting, Financial Econometrics, Financial Markets, Investments, Management Accounting, Risk Management, Banking)
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship
- (Strategy; Entrepreneurship; Strategic Renewal; Managerial roles, Top Management Teams and Leadership; Corporate Entrepreneurship, Strategic Innovation; Exploitation, Exploration and Ambidexterity; International Business)
Conditions of employment
Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). Fixed, gross monthly salaries are € 2,434 in the first year, € 2,836 in the second year, € 2,968 in the third year, and € 3,111 in the fourth year. EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the-art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes - ESP), which ERIM set up for a wide range of research-related activities such as conference participation, international job markets, external courses, scientific and educational literature, visits to international supervisors, and international research studies.
- Logistics, Supply Chain Management
- Innovation Management
- Transportation, Inventories
- Terminal Operations
- Public Transport
- Business Networks
- Information and Communication Systems and Technologies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Entrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 4 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Netherlands
To be considered for a PhD position in management at ERIM, you are expected to:
- hold an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, or mathematics (depending on PhD project)
- have excellent results in your first degree or graduate study
- show explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research
- have a GMAT or GRE test result that is not older than five years, and an indication of the required score is 85 per cent (required for all entering PhD students
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.