The programme’s mission is to contribute to the body of knowledge of marketing in a way that has academic rigour, leads to new scientific insights and has practical relevance.
The three themes of the Marketing programme from Erasmus University Rotterdam are: consumer behaviour, marketing management and strategy, and marketing modelling.
The Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management is a highly advanced international programme designed to train future researchers in one of five key fields of management:
- Business Processes, Logistics & Information Systems
- Finance & Accounting
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship
The challenging, cutting-edge Erasmus Doctoral Programme will bring out the very best in you – as a scientist, a teacher, and an influential thinker in the international arena of management research. The English-taught programme includes systematic coaching and academic and personal development from leading academics. The advantages of carrying out doctoral research at ERIM are significant. This is an excellent place to start your academic career.
ERIM currently offers the following PhD project within its MKT research programme:
- Doctoral Research in Marketing (Marketing Science, Consumer Behaviour or Consumer Neuroscience)
To be considered for a position in the PhD in Management programme applicants are expected to have:
- At least an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on the PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations) is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is above the 85th percentile.
In addition to these formal requirements, applicants for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
In the Netherlands, appointed PhD candidates are considered employees of the university and therefore no tuition fee is charged.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.