Since 2010, Robotics has been part of the new Department of Informatics at King's College London , taking advantage of natural opportunities and synergies, continuing its record of prolific publication in prestigious journals, and securing several millions of pounds in research funding.
Staff are reputed nationally and internationally in kinematics, robotics and mechatronics, and collaborate closely with the KCL Health Schools (including St Thomas’ and Guy’s Hospitals) and numerous industrial partners. The Centre is renowned for its multidisciplinary research at the interfaces between Robotics, Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering. The Centre is actively involved in research into such areas as computational intelligence, intelligent algorithms and control, sensing and embedded intelligence, computer vision, computational kinematics and reconfigurable mechanisms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse study environment
- The graduate students are an integral part of the academic life of the Department. We are a medium-sized but growing department with many internationally recognised researchers and visiting academics, large groups of PhD students, research assistants, national and international projects, collaborations with other departments and the School as well as links with industry. The departmen offers an exciting environment and excellent opportunities for research.
- The research students have access to good library facilities, a personal work area including a desk and high-specification computer, new PhD laboratories, weekly departmental seminars and regular group seminars, and college-based training in transferable and research skills.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesRobotics Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 19 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Science degree with 2:1 honours degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Alternatively, a Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours degree in any subject will be considered if a subsequent Master of Science has been taken in a relevant area.
- Applicants with a 2:2 will only be considered if the Master's has been achieved with Merit.
International24570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24570 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National5550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5550 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.