The Menzies Centre for Australian Studies at King's College London offers research degrees at MPhil and PhD levels in Australian history, politics, literature and film or in other areas of Australian studies by arrangement as well as access to a number of libraries which together constitute the best resources on Australian subjects in Europe.
These include the Maughan Library, the Institute of Commonwealth Studies Library, which holds one of the largest collections of social science materials relating to Australia, and the extensive Australia House Collection (at the University of London's Senate House Library).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse study environment
- The Centre promotes the study of Australia in British and European universities, as well as offering teaching courses on Australia at undergraduate and graduate levels within King’s College London and the University of London.
- There are currently three academic staff members: Professor Carl Bridge and Dr Simon Sleight, who teach and research in Australian history; and Dr Ian Henderson who works in the fields of Australian literature and film.
- All three staff members have extensive teaching, research and supervisory experience in the British and Australian university systems. Its Menzies Centre staff act as external examiners and administer a number of schemes for scholarly exchange between Britain and Australia.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
However, students interested in applying for funding should be aware that funding deadlines are different and may be earlier.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies General Studies & Classics View 107 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- Normally an MA in an appropriate subject area and a first or 2:1 BA first degree or overseas equivalent.
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC); Doctoral Centre and School of Arts & Humanities studentships and bursaries; self-funded.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.