The Industrial Engineering and Management programme offered by Universidade de Aveiro intends to provide the knowledge, approaches and the maturity necessary for the production of scientific contributions relevant to the area of MIE, involving the analysis, design and control of integrated systems that support people, material flows and data / information in business processes 'intra' and 'inter' organizations.
The curricular component courses aim to provide a set of skills related to the main techniques and tools of IEM. With the elaboration of the thesis the intention is to promote the development of an original work that could contribute to the research projects in the proposed field.
- Identify problems or opportunities for improvement and propose solutions through theories, techniques and tools in the field of Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM);
- Develop learning and researching abilities, that allows the autonomous development of scientific work in IEM;
- Demonstrate the capacity to create, plan, adapt, and develop relevant scientific research, respecting the requirements of academic integrity, providing contributions to Science and Technology and/or create an immediate societal impact;
- Demonstrate the capacity to communicate the conclusions of the conducted scientific work, in international scientific meetings, as well as, to create and/or integrate international networks;
- Be able to, in a knowledge based society, promote technological, social and cultural progress in the academic and professional contexts and, at the same time, create knowledge based on knowledge.
The conclusion of all Doctoral Program courses, with the exception of the thesis, will provide access to an Advanced Training Course habilitation in Industrial Engineering and Management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics On Management and Industrial Engineering
- Research Methodology
- Statistical Data Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership View 8 other PhDs in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for enrolment will be selected by the Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro in accordance with the proposal made by the Director of the Study Cycle, taking intoaccount the following parameters:
- Academic curriculum;
- Scientific curriculum and /or Professional curriculum.
- An interview and / or a written test may be required as complementary criteria.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2325 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2325 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2325 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2325 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Aveiro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.