- a broad and systematic understanding of the specific field of Environmental Sciences and Engineering ;
- the development of competences to conceive, plan, adapt and carry out high quality scientific research;
- the development of capacities to produce original research that is worthy of dissemination in peer-reviewed publications;
- the development of competences for the analysis, evaluation and synthesis of complex, scientific information;
- the development of aptitudes to communicate the results of students' own research and to present and debate topics in their field of specialisation to the scientific and technical community, as well as to society in general;
- the development of the capacity to find funding for high quality, scientific research;
- the development of innovative and entrepreneurial skills.
This Doctoral programme in Environmental Science and Engineering at Universidade de Aveiro aims to train human resources with the capacity for technological innovation, evaluation of environmental quality and environmental management. This is essential if Portugal is to be competitive in the production of scientific and technological knowledge within the paradigms of modern life, specifically those related to sustainable development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Studies In Environmental Sciences
- Acquisition and Analysis of Data
- Advanced Studies In Environmental Engineering
- Project of Thesis Preparation
- Doctoral Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Sciences View 3 other PhDs in Environmental Engineering in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for enrolment will be selected by the Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro in accordance with the proposal made by the Director of the Study Cycle, taking intoaccount the following parameters:
- Academic curriculum;
- Scientific curriculum and /or Professional curriculum.
- An interview and / or a written test may be required as complementary criteria.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Aveiro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.