The PhD is a programme of independent, self-directed academic research degree, supported by a team of supervisors that makes an original contribution to knowledge written up in a publishable dissertation. The PhD programme in Philosophy from Unicaf Scholarships also supports the development of research and generic skills to equip you to operate successfully as a professional researcher in any setting. The essential requirement of a PhD is the creation of new knowledge. Being a researcher means developing new ideas and improving understanding through the creation of new knowledge. Your research will inevitably build to some degree on the work and ideas of others, but as a research student you are expected to make an original contribution to knowledge in your discipline.
Each Doctoral student must take a number of online modules and also complete a dissertation. Students must defend their dissertation in a "viva voce" (oral) examination which can be completed online. The viva voce examination is an intense and challenging experience, but we offer relevant guidance and support to help our research students prepare for this important milestone.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Current Issues in Research
- Doctoral Dissertation Examination
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Philosophy & Ethics Educational Research
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An accredited Master’s degree in a relevant subject area. Students may be considered for doctorate study if their degree is in an unrelated field provided, they have relevant professional experience and can prove their ability to work at doctorate level. A wide range of international qualifications may also be considered. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of international academic qualifications accepted.
- Official Master’s degree transcripts
- Personal Statement of Statement of Purpose (minimum 500 words)
- Current CV
- Two official letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Research proposal or project outline
- Evidence of ability to undertake independent research
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Unicaf can prepare you for the brilliant future you and your family have been dreaming of. With generous scholarships that allow you to earn your degree at a fraction of the original cost. With the online provision of internationally recognised degrees, awarded by Unicaf’s partner universities in the UK, the US, Europe and Africa. With 24/7 access to study material, that allows you to keep your job and salary during your studies. Unicaf makes it easier to make your people proud!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.