Potential students of the Statistics programme from Maynooth University should look at the list of proposed research projects and the list of academic staff; the latter list includes links to pages that detail the areas of expertise of each staff member. Collaborations with outside parties have involved work in Chemistry, Medicine, Archaeology, Banking, Computer-Aided Design, and other areas.
PhD is the main entry degree for careers in research and third level teaching. However, many MSc and PhD graduates take up employment in areas such as Industry, Commerce, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Software Development, Process Engineering or Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tutors & Demonstrators
- Research Funding Application
- Algebraic Topology
- Professional Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching & Learning : Tutors & Demonstrators
- Topics in Real Analysis
- Topics in Complex Analysis
- Topics in Algebra
- Conference Organisation
- Work-based Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Statistics Actuarial Science
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The minimum entry requirement is a 2:1 Honours Degree in Statistics. A First Class degree is highly desirable. Before a student can be accepted into the programme, they must find a member of staff who is willing to act as their supervisor. For a PhD degree, a good MSc degree is often desirable.
- Applicants must have a recognized primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.