Research students at the Department of Experimental Physics gain expertise in specialized areas of experimental physics, computational physics or astrophysics during the course of their studies.
This means that they are highly sought after by employers in a wide range of high-technology industries such as software engineering, micro-electronics, telecommunication engineering, scientific civil service, medical physics as well as those areas specifically requiring astrophysicists such as space science, satellite communications. A Experimental Physics programme from Maynooth University is a prerequisite for careers in academia and industrial research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instrumentation and Computer Interfacing
- Computational Physics
- Technical Skills in Experimental Physics
- Innovation and Research Commercialisation
- Research Funding Application
- Professional Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching & Learning: Tutors & Demonstrators
- Statistics & Data Analysis
- Device Physics
- Professional Skills - Thesis Completion and Career Development
- Academic Writing Module
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 3 other PhDs in Mathematics in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- First-class or upper second-class (2.1) honours undergraduate degree in Physics, or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.