Doctoral School of Nutrition and Food Sciences from University of Debrecen is understood in terms of the concept „from farm to table” including rotational agricultural practices with the issue of food waste.
Students at Doctoral School of Nutrition and Food Sciences from University of Debrecen will:
- dig deeper into these areas on a postgraduate level.
- gain knwoledge in terms of preventing obesity, diabetes, digestive, heart and circulatory diseases.
- Nutrition therapy encompasses medical treatments,
- Food-drug interactions,
- Scientific questions of nutrition
- Nutrition-related issues of certain pathological conditions.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Animal Sciences View 3 other PhDs in Food Sciences in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- level B2 English language exam
- MSc degree in the field of agricultural sciences, MSc degrees in nutrition, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, public health, molecular biology, biotechnology in medicine, and clinical laboratory research are accepted by the Doctoral school as an entrance requirement (including a preliminary research proposal signed by the supervisor).
- Detailed CV
- Detailed transcript of courses taken during graduate studies
- 2 recommendation letters from former professors
- Proposal for a research topic chosen from those offered by the doctoral school, or a new topic with a detailed description
- Valid, filled-in application form
- Certificate of education
- Certificate or proof of citizenship and/or permanent residence
- Short Resume/CV
- Medical Certificate
- Bank receipt about the transfer of the application fee of 150 USD
International9800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 USD per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA9800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 USD per year during 48 months.
- Food Sciences Program: 9,800 USD/year
- Nutrition Science Program: 16,900 USD/year
Living costs for Debrecen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.