Mechanical Engineering Technologies and Materials from Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava has enhanced theoretical knowledge in the field of metallurgy, advanced technologies of cutting and non cutting processing of materials, computer aided (CA) and applications of CA technology systems and simulations of technology processes, automation of technology processes and their applications in industry, with respect to qualitative, technical/economical and ecology aspects of different kinds of production.
The graduates of the study programme Mechanical Engineering Technologies and Materials are expected to be working in research teams or training institutions in domestic or foreign labour market, in position of top-researchers or top-managers in industry, in the management of production departments equipped with advanced production technologies, in institutes of Slovak Academy of Sciences and at technical universities focused to production technologies. The graduates can be also asserted in the institutions providing further professional education.
- CA systems
- Computer Simulation of Technological Processes
- Methodology of Scientific Work
- Experimental Methods of Research in the Field of Study
- Materials Science
- 48 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 8 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Slovakia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply for the PhD. study, the applicant must have accomplished the second stage of the engineering (Master) study.
- Document certifying graduation from a previous level of study (university diploma)
- Attested copy of Diploma Supplement
- Attested copy of State Exam Certificate
- Covering letter
- Europass - Curriculum vitae.
- Confirmation of payment for material part of admission procedure.
- Applicants for English-language study will enclose to the application a language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS).
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bratislava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.