As the department is cognizant of modern trends in interior architecture and the implications of new technologies, the Interior Architecture and Environmental Design program from Bilkent University aims at providing a balanced education between the artistic, technological and humane aspects of the profession.
The next step is to prepare and defend a dissertation proposal. Upon a favorable evaluation of the proposal by the dissertation committee, the candidate qualifies for work towards a Ph.D. dissertation.
At the completion of the dissertation, a jury composed of five scholars, expert in the relevant field examines the dissertation for a final decision on the degree. All Ph.D. candidates are required to have at least one article accepted for publication in an AHCI, SSCI or SCI indexed journal before the final dissertation defense.
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Graduate Studio
- Research Methods
- Seminar in Advanced Research Topics
- Ph.D. Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The minimum course load for the Ph.D. program is 21 credit units.
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design Landscape Architecture View 3 other PhDs in Landscape Architecture in Turkey
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Bilkent University and/or in Turkey, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores. GMAT scores are required for graduate programs in Business Administration.)
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per year during 24 months.
National6258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6258 USD per year during 24 months.
- 14,500 USD for international students and 45.000 TL for Turkish students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.