Earth and environmental sciences and their engineering and policy applications are at the forefront of critical issues facing society in the coming decades. Climate change, water scarcity, the growing demand on natural resources, and environmental sustainability are all challenges for the Southwest, the United States, and the global community.
The goal of the Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability program of the Northern Arizona University is to foster integrative and transformative research that lies between the traditional science and environmental engineering sub-disciplines.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Research scientist
- Post-secondary educator
- Environmental consultancy supervisor
- Environmental policy specialist
- Resource management supervisor
- Non-governmental organization leader
- The Environmental Science-Policy Interface
- Regional Topics in Earth and Environmental Science and Policy
- Research Methods in Earth and Environmental Science
- Meta-analysis In Ecology And Evolution
- Plant Ecology
- Microbial Ecology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall - Space available basis: July 31
- Spring - Space available basis: November 30
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 24 other PhDs in Earth Sciences in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency
- GRE revised General Test
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- Personal statement or essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
International25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
National25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.