Graduates of the Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability - Earth Systems program of the Northern Arizona University will:
- increase knowledge in the critical areas for society of energy, natural resources, water, and natural hazards
- apply this knowledge in areas that bridge the geosciences with physics, chemistry, engineering, and biology
This emphasis area will train and educate leaders in rapidly growing industries and academic fields such as natural resources and energy, and in government agencies that require PhD-level researchers to inform policy decisions on some of the greatest problems facing society.
- The Environmental Science-Policy Interface
- Regional Topics in Earth and Environmental Science and Policy
- Research Methods in Earth and Environmental Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall - Space available basis: July 31
- Spring - Space available basis: November 30
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 24 other PhDs in Earth Sciences in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency
- GRE revised General Test
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- Personal statement or essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
International25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
National25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.