Graduates of the Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability - Engineering Sustainable Systems program of the Northern Arizona University will be able to:
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering processes, products, and education
- understand and apply knowledge in the sustainability contexts of economic viability, environmental compatibility and sustainability, societal impacts and policy development and implications
This emphasis is designed for engineers who are interested in understanding the economic, societal and environmental implications of engineering systems. It provides a strong background in engineering enhanced by understanding future sustainability of our environment, and will prepare you for careers in academia, industry, and governmental organizations.
- The Environmental Science-Policy Interface
- Regional Topics in Earth and Environmental Science and Policy
- Research Methods in Earth and Environmental Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall - Space available basis: July 31
- Spring - Space available basis: November 30
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences View 3 other PhDs in Sustainable Development in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency
- GRE revised General Test
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- Personal statement or essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
International25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
National25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.