The Informatics and Computing program of the Northern Arizona University will prepare you to work in the transformative "fourth paradigm" of science and engineering, an interdisciplinary field relying on big data and advanced software, hardware, and statistics skills.
A streamlined five-year plan of study provides learning opportunities in the foundations of informatics, programming and computer science, structuring large-scale data sets, machine learning, and statistical data analysis. Elective coursework allows students to customize their program of study in one of the following emphasis areas:
- health and bioinformatics, focusing on genetic and genomic analysis, population health, and disease transmission;
- ecological and environmental informatics, addressing ecological and environmental analyses and remote sensing
- cyber and software systems, engaging in the design and implementation of cyber-physical and large-scale software systems
- bioengineering informatics to enhance data analysis and control in bioengineering applications.
- Research Methods in Informatics and Computing
- Software Development Methodologies
- Large-scale Data Structures and Organization
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Professional And Career Development
- Modern Regression
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Bioinformatics Machine Learning View 9 other PhDs in Machine Learning in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent
- English language proficiency
- GRE revised General Test
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Expertise in key foundational areas in informatics, including core topics such as programming, data structures, software development methods, and statistics, as well as areas that support specific emphases, such as biology, ecology, and cyber systems.
International25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
National25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.