Be a Professional
- Students emerge as highly skilled professionals in therapeutic practice and research, well-positioned to be leaders in the field and advocates for their clients and the profession.
- Master-level students gain advanced professional training, opportunities for intensive research, and opportunities to significantly advance the field of mental health.
- Specializations include grief counseling, substance abuse counseling, and positive psychotherapy and counseling.
Add Opportunities and Experiences
A small and selective program—accepting approximately 10 students per academic year—means small classes, in which students are exposed to evidence-based counseling approaches for demographically and clinically diverse populations.
Students of the Mental Health Counseling program from Pace University work closely with faculty to develop and carry out independent research projects culminating in a doctoral dissertation. These activities are designed to integrate counseling intervention and research skills training, preparing graduates for a variety of counseling, policy-based, advocacy, teaching, and research careers.
The Department of Psychology’s strong community of faculty, professionals, and alumni in the field of mental health equip doctoral students with an established network of support. Both faculty and alumni hold key leadership positions in the New York Mental Health Counselors Association (NYMHCA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts of Research Design and Statistic
- Statistics and Research Design
- Qualtative Methods In Counseling Research
- Theories and Methods of Counselor Education
- Research Design: Special Topics Seminar
- Theories and Methods of Counselor Supervision
- Leadership and Advocacy in the Counseling Profession
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 116 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An earned master’s degree in mental health counseling with a curriculum equivalent to that of Pace University’s 60-credit graduate master of science program in mental health counseling.
- Earned graduate-level GPA of 3.6 or higher.
- Submitted letters of recommendation, personal statement, and official academic transcripts.
Met one of the following permit/licensure requirements:
- Be eligible for New York State limited permit in mental health counseling.
- Obtained a limited permit in New York State.
- Be licensed in mental health counseling in New York State.
- Be licensed in mental health counseling in a state other than New York.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.