These areas of focus are supported within the four University research institutes:
- Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis
- Institute of Applied Ecology
- Research Institute of Sport and Exercise
- Health Research Institute
- and several faculty- based research centres.
This course incorporates a 12 credit point coursework component to be completed in the first two semesters of the PhD for a full-time student, or over four semesters for a part-time student. The coursework component can be skipped if a student is accepted into the accelerated entry pathway (see admission requirements tab).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Doctoral Thesis in Commerce (by Publication)
- Doctoral Thesis (Mathematics)
- Doctoral Thesis (Natural and Physical Sciences)
- Doctoral Thesis (Forensic Science)
- Doctoral Thesis (Biological Sciences)
- Doctoral Thesis (Information Systems)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics General Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 24 other PhDs in Philosophy & Ethics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Faculty or Research Institute will determine an applicant's eligibility for standard entry based upon evidence provided which would include:
- evidence of advanced knowledge in an area relevant to the PhD topic;
- a minimum of four years study at Australian degree level in a relevant area (e.g. four year bachelor degree or bachelor degree plus coursework masters);
- evidence of an ability to undertake complex thinking and problem solving; and
- evidence of significant aptitude for research.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29900 AUD per year during 42 months.
National23800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23800 AUD per year during 42 months.
- Domestic - $23,800 (Low cost) $30,900 (High Cost) per year
- International - $29,900 (Low Cost) $39,300 (High Cost) per year
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.