This course will help you complete all the requirements of masters-level professional training including; learning advanced assessment, evaluation, and intervention skills, and participating and publishing an independent research project - which in turn will allow you to register as a psychologist once you graduate.
This course will provide you with everything that you will ever need to start working as a practicing psychologist.
Study a PhD in Clinical Psychology from University of Canberra and you will:
- use your knowledge of psychology and mental health to critically assess, diagnose, develop case formulations, treat and prevent psychological problems and mental health issues across the lifespan
- understand your profession concerning the unique role of clinical psychologists in providing evidence-based psychological services, including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, research and consultancy services across diverse settings
- understand psychopathology, psychological psychopharmacology and psychological medicine, and neurological issues relevant to mental health presentations, diagnostic systems, health psychology and behavioural medicine
- transform research and evaluation findings into policy, applied knowledge, and improved treatments
- provide competent expert oral and written reports to various stakeholders on psychological matters for health, medical, medico-legal, and forensic purposes
- competently work within a cross-cultural context
- practice with children, adolescents, adults and older persons in a manner relevant to Clinical Psychology
- conduct high-level advanced independent research on a topic of clinical relevance.
Career opportunities for Clinical Psychologists are considerable, and UC graduates are in high demand in a wide range of services within the public and private sectors, such as:
- private practice, supporting members of the public
- health departments, hospitals, and community practices
- national, state or local government or non-government organisations
- welfare agencies, educational institutions, defence, justice and community services
- agencies conducting research and evaluation
- university departments of psychology.
Candidates will obtain the 5th and 6th years of training required for Membership of the Australian Psychological Society and for Associate Membership of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists, and the two years of supervised practice required for full registration as a psychologist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Psychological Practice
- Forensic Psychology for Clinicians
- Health Psychology for Clinicians
- Practicum Placement
- EBT Children Adolescents and Families
- EBT Adult
- Advanced Assessment and Intervention
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 15 other PhDs in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Canberra and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Evidence of successful completion, preferably within the last 10 years, of a four-year APAC-accredited sequence in psychology, or its equivalent, so that the applicant is eligible for Associate Membership of the Australian Psychological Society and registration with the ACT Psychologists' Board. Applicants are expected to have achieved an honours 1 standard in their 4th year psychology Honours or Graduate Diploma course, or the equivalent. Evidence of research training and aptitude for research.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37000 AUD per year during 48 months.
National30100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30100 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.