The BZH study office coordinates the graduate Biochemistry program from Heidelberg University and helps with any questions concerning the program. It keeps the files of the doctoral students and confirms the participation in the graduate program upon completion. A certificate from the BZH will be issued along with the doctoral diploma from the faculty.
HBIGS students and students of other graduate programs who perform their doctoral thesis in one of the BZH research groups must also register in the BZH-study office. Participation in HBIGS and other programs will be accepted. Please consult the BZH study office for details.
- For more information visit the university website.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form for admission as a PhD candidate, including the original signatures from your Faculty supervisor and one more supervisor.
- Indication of the structured PhD program you will attend (you should be pre-approved) on the application form.
- Copy of your identity card / passport.
- Commitment to Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice (GSP) signed by you and your Faculty supervisor and, if differing, your direct supervisor.
- Research Integrity Certificate
- Abstract of your PhD project (printed in German or in English, 1 page).
- University degrees: Two (2) normal copies of all of your university degrees (e.g. Bachelor of Science and Master of Science certificates / diploma and transcripts of records. / B.Sc. und M.Sc. Urkunden und Zeugnisse (mit Einzelleistungen) oder Staatsexamen) plus the original documents for verification.
- CV including information concerning your Master/Diploma-thesis (duration, title, number of pages).
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.