After completing their PhD in Information Systems and Computer Engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico , graduates of this program are expected to have acquired the ability to: systematically understand a particular field of study and widen the frontiers of knowledge with their original research to the highest standards of quality and integrity; critically analyze, evaluate and synthesize new complex ideas; communicate with peers, the broader academic community, and society at large about the topics in which they are specialized; promote academic, professional, technological, social or cultural progress in our knowledge-based society.
PhDs in Computer Science and Engineering may hold teaching positions in higher education in Portugal and abroad, supervise Master's and PhD studies, work in laboratories and research institutes, or work in industry and services, namely in companies with research and development departments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics in Human-Computer Interaction
- Advanced Topics in Software Engineering
- Boolean Constraints and Optimization
- High Performance Computing
- Information Systems Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 7 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of an Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree may apply for this training doctoral programme by obtaining a pass in an advanced study course, that grants a total of credits between 30 and 60 ECTS, followed by advanced research, development and innovation work, leading to a dissertation (PhD thesis). In all it has a 3 year duration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1063 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.