This program is the first in Texas to offer doctoral-level studies in computer science with formalized business training. The emphasis on collaboration with industry and preparation for careers in academia, business, nonprofit organizations, and government laboratories is a powerful driver for original research and innovative product development.
The mission of the Department of Computer Science is to advance the knowledge of computer science and technology through education, research, and service for the betterment of society. The program focuses on key areas of applied computing of national priority:
- computer security and networking
- data analytics and management
- high-performance computing
- human-computer interaction
- software engineering
The curriculum emphasizes building complementary and interdisciplinary technical skills in applied computing and equipping students with non-technical skills that are essential to navigating multiple career paths.
- assistant professor
- data scientist
- postdoctoral fellow
- program manager
- research associate
- research engineer
- Advanced Data Mining
- Data-Driven Computational Methods and Infrastructure
- Advanced Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Human Computer Interaction: Concepts, Models, and Methodologies
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 23 other PhDs in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- completed online application
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
- Transcripts & GPA for applicants with a bachelor's and master's degree
- baccalaureate degree in computer science or related field from a regionally accredited university
- master's degree in computer science or related field from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.3 GPA in all completed graduate courses
- official GRE (general test only) with competitive scores
- interview (top-ranking applicants only)
- three letters of recommendation
- written statement of research interests and goals
International41310 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit
National41310 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit
In-State19278 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.