At Accounting and Finance from University of Strathclyde you'll develop the theoretical and empirical skills necessary to make a contribution to the latest research in your chosen area. In your first year, you'll work with your supervisor to identify areas of interest and develop an agenda for your PhD thesis. We encourage you to consider both theoretical and empirical issues as part of your agenda in consultation with your supervisors.
- an academic
- a professional researcher in the financial services sector
- a manager of a business, government and professional organisations
- Corporate Finance
- Empirical Accounting
- Qualitative Accounting
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 28 other PhDs in Accounting in United Kingdom
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if you're applying as an international student
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated; please use our Postgraduate Research Proposal Outline and attach this with your application
- Masters degree in accounting (or equivalent). Qualified and part-qualified accountants with first degree in social sciences or humanities are also encouraged to apply. or Masters degree or equivalent, particularly in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National students include: Scotland, England, Wales & Northern Ireland
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.