This Pharmaceutical Chemistry course at Near East University presents fundamentals of drug synthesis in industrial settings, types of instruments, equipment used as well as various methods utilized.
This course provides understanding of development and optimization of synthesis methods and how that applies to scale-up processes and operations.
Aim of the course
This course is designed to recognize and utilize the major reaction mechanisms, especially those involving intermediates: Electrophilic addition, elimination, oxidation-reduction, electrophilic aromatic substitution free radical. Understanding of organic reaction mechanisms involving radical reactions and application of radical reaction mechanisms in drug synthesis is discussed by exploring specific examples that is relevant to medicinal chemistry.
- Organic Reaction Mechanism
- NMR and Mass Spectrometry Techniques in Analysis of Drug Structures
- Manufacturing of Pharmaceutical Raw Material
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduating from a MSc, MA or MBA level Master’s program (Min. CGPA 3.00)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL and other Qualifications may be considered.
- Turkish Proficiency (Required only for foreign students applying to Departments whereby the language of instruction is Turkish.
International2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year
3 Year Program
- 1st – 2nd Semester €2,500
- €1450 / Semester (3rd – 6th Semesters)
4 Year Program
- 1st – 3rd Semester €2,000
- €800 / Semester (4th – 8th Semesters)
Living costs for Mersin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.