This is true in part because our definitions of “data” are continuing to grow and expand. These evolving definitions of data are creating both challenges and opportunities – across all sectors of the economy and all dimensions of society.
- The Analytics and Data Science Institute at Kennesaw State University brings together faculty and students from across the university, in collaboration with partners from both the private and public sectors, to engage in applied research to contribute to our understanding of our world through the translation of data into information.
- The Institute also offers a wide range of training and educational opportunities for individuals interested in learning more about data science – including both online and in-class training for students through working professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Ph.D. in Analytics and Data Science requires 78 total credit hours spread over (an expected) four years of study.
- This includes 48 hours of interdisciplinary course work, 15 hours of internship/project work, and 15 hours of dissertation research. In the first year, students take 18 hours of “core” courses in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Statistics, followed by comprehensive examinations during the summer.
- In year two, students will take an additional 9 hours of required courses and are encouraged to begin taking additional elective courses (15 credits) that can lead to a “Concentration” area.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 8 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must have a masters degree. If you do not currently have a masters degree, we encourage you to consider our MS in Applied Statistics, our MS in Computer Science, our MS in Information Technology or our MS in Information Systems.
- While a transition to the Ph.D. program is not guaranteed, high performing students from these programs will be given preferential consideration.
International36000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36000 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National36000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36000 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.