The Richard and Loan Hill Department of Bioengineering at the University of Illinois at Chicago offers a program leading to a degree in Bioinformatics at doctoral level.
- Advanced Special Topics in Bioengineering
- Computational Functional Genomics
- Principles of Bioinformatics
- Neural and Neuromuscular Prostheses
- Sensory Prostheses Engineering
- Biomedical Implants in Orthopedics and Dentistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
108 from the baccalaureate.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 19 other PhDs in Biotechnology in United States
- Baccalaureate Field Physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or biology. Students from other areas are also encouraged to apply if their backgrounds indicate a reasonable chance of success in the program.
- Tests Required GRE General, quantitative reasoning percentile rank above 50%.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7227 USD per year during 24 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.