A specifically tailored Distance Learning Course, coupled with exemplary customer care and world-class supervision, ensures you have all the necessary knowledge to succeed.
The latest version of the Blackboard™ Virtual Learning Environment is designed to meet the needs of the DBA student specifically:
- Directed reading
- Online tasks and quizzes
- Video conferencing for live discussions and research supervision
Virtual discussion boards are also used to conduct asynchronous online sessions between students and course tutors.
We understand your time is precious and that undertaking our executive DBA is a huge commitment.
Therefore, we pair you with an academic supervisor who is a leading specialist in the topic you choose. Your supervisor will support you through the entire process as you develop your research idea into your final thesis. If your topic is multidisciplinary, we’ll ensure you have a team that can guide you in every area.
Research DBA Topics
When you apply for the executive DBA, you will need to have an idea of the kind of research project you'd like to embark upon. With your application, you will need to submit a research proposal to demonstrate how you plan to take your topic further.
Learn what makes a good research proposal.
Here is a small sample of the kind of research topics DBA students have embarked upon here at Aston Business School:
- Getting Our Hands Dirty: A Case Study Investigation of Strategic Decision Implementation: Dr Neil Shepherd and Dr John Rudd
- Managing retail innovations, consumers, employees and channels: Heiner Evanschitzky
- Can psychometric testing be used to explain, predict and measure behavioural competences and the funding resource orchestration of the entrepreneur?: Dr Geoff Parkes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureFour subsequent research methods modules via Aston University’s Blackboard™ Virtual Learning Environment taught consecutively during year 1:
- Introduction to Business and Management Research – understand the process of business and management research and develop the necessary research skills to conduct a literature review.
- Applied Research Methods – enable you to think about the links between philosophy, theory, and research methodology, and apply these to business and management research.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods – provide a thorough grounding in the theoretical principles of, and approaches to, quantitative and qualitative research.
- Professional Development and Research Impact – develop an appreciation for impact related research to inform the operations and decision making within business and consider your future professional development.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- 2 intakes per year
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Strategic Management View 4 other PhDs in International Business in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For direct enrolment into the executive DBA you must have
- an MBA, MSc or MA degree in business or management (or an equivalent professional qualification)
- a minimum of five years experience in a senior role
- if English isn’t your first language, either evidence that the master’s degree was taught mainly or entirely in English, a minimum TOEFL score of 87 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall, or an equivalent English language qualification recognised by Aston University is needed
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.