The Juridical Science programme from Hamad Bin Khalifa University aspires to create a vibrant community of legal scholars, who will assume teaching positions in universities and government positions in institutions in Qatar, the MENA region, and beyond.
- The SJD degree is designed to facilitate the relationship with the “real world” through world-class innovative seminars and courses that will prepare students to apply legal knowledge in multiple convergent legal systems. Research production in the SJD program, as well as its interdisciplinary nature, will allow for innovative and problem-based approaches that can have societal or policy impact.
- The key strengths of the SJD program are its flexibility to accommodate students wishing to apply interdisciplinary research in a variety of areas, the integration of the program with all other existing College of Law degree programs, and its focus on high-quality academic research.
- In the first year, candidates will have a reduced course load to enable them to develop the necessary skills and competencies to undertake doctoral research.
- Candidates will be required to take a course on Advanced Legal Methods and a course on Advanced Global Legal Ethics.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Public Law
- Candidates are to have the J.D. or LLM degree preferably from HBKU College of Law. Exceptional candidates from other universities may also be considered. Candidates with an LL.B. degree from a recognized university require the LLM degree, again preferably from the College of Law, or in exceptional cases from a recognized university.
- Candidates should have at least a 3.0 GPA in their previous law degree with a strong preference for candidates with a 3.3 GPA.
- Applicants are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
International15037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45111 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National15037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45111 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
- QAR 164,250
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.