Graduates from the PhD in Sustainable Futures from University of Technology Sydney have consistently achieved excellent examiners' reports from international leaders in their fields. Many have been eligible for the UTS Chancellor's Award, and several have been placed on the Chancellor's List.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The degree is awarded to candidates who, through original investigation, make a distinct and significant contribution to knowledge in their field of specialisation. It is offered to both local and international students.
- This research degree is undertaken wholly by thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master's by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- Applications to the Institute for Sustainable Futures are assessed based on the following four criteria: professional experience – strength and relevance to the candidate's opportunities (impact) research output (quality and impact) research proposal (quality) academic merit (quality).
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 7.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall with TWE of 5.0, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 27; or AE6: Pass; or PTE: 65-72; or CAE: 185-190.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30540 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15270 AUD per semester during 48 months.
- For this course, the cost per session is $15,270.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- CSC UTS PhD scholarship
- International Research Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS President's Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.