Research at UTS takes place in a dynamic and outcomes-oriented environment. The university attracts students who want to develop their knowledge and expertise within a professional and stimulating framework. When students enrol, they become an integral part of the research culture, working closely with academic staff and industry partners.
This Doctor of Philosophy in Sport and Exercise from University of Technology Sydney prepares sport and exercise scientists for leadership positions in teaching, management and research. Opportunities are not limited to Australia and there is the possibility of developing a career on an international level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This course assists students to complete original research that contributes to knowledge in the sport and exercise sciences with an international context.
- A student may construct their thesis by way of a series of related prospective publications during the course of their candidacy.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 13 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master's by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 7.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall with TWE of 5.0, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 27; or AE6: Pass; or PTE: 65-72; or CAE: 185-190.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36870 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18435 AUD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
- Tuition fees for international students range from A$19,840 to A$34,080 per year.
- For this course, the cost per session is $18435.
- CSC UTS PhD scholarship
- International Research Scholarship
- International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP)
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS President's Scholarship
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.