The Business programme from Koc University has a flexible structure to accommodate students with unique goals and backgrounds. For example, PhD candidates in marketing can focus on consumer behavior, strategy, or modeling, and customize their course work accordingly.
This customization may involve taking courses from related disciplines, including economics, and psychology. Typical curricula can be found on our . Note that our program requirements focus on developing conceptual and methodological skills, which are essential to producing quality academic research.
Koç GSB Faculty is dedicated to the training of PhD students, and collaborate with them on joint projects. Published papers that resulted from such collaborations attest to the success of this approach. PhD students have very limited teaching responsibilities so that they can focus on their research program and develop their research skills without much distraction on their time.
For students interested in experimental methods, there is a dedicated marketing lab with twenty one lab stations. Data collection is simplified thanks to specialized software that handles study announcements, participant sign-ups, and extra credit assignments.
We emphasize a supportive culture among our PhD students, and focus on the collective success of the group rather than individual students. Resulting supportive social environment enables students to establish valuable relationships with their colleagues in the program.
- Managerial Economics
- Multivariate Statistics and Data Analysis
- Mathematical and Statistical Foundations
- Optimization Models and Algorithms
- Stochastic Models and their Applications
- Testing and Measurement
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 3 other PhDs in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Turkey
- A minimum GPA of 3,00/4,00 for applicants with undergraduate degree.
- An official academic transcript from every university attended
- A statement of purpose describing your proposed area of study and why you are prepared for this program.
- Three (or more) Letters of Recommendation. The candidate should provide the contact information of those who will fill in the reference letters in the online application. They will be provided with the web link of the reference letter form via e-mail.
- A curriculum vita.
- Applicants to PhD programs must have their results from the Graduate Record Examination (GMAT, GRE for foreign/native applicants) or ALES General Test sent to the Graduate School.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 48 months.
- 100% tuition scholarship (full tuition waiver for all admitted candidates is guaranteed)
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.