The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in General Psychology - Integrating Technology, Learning, and Psychology program at Grand Canyon University leads to the completion of informed research that can positively impact learning outcomes in teaching and educational environments.
This PhD in educational technology typically is designed for people who are currently working in business, government, technology, social media or higher education who want to advance their careers.
This educational technology doctoral degree guides learners in incorporating technology to grow 21st century working and teaching environments. The psychology behind how and why technology works to meet strong educational goals is at the core of this program.
The GCU doctorate in educational technology requires learners to dive deeply into research, statistical analysis and evidence-based outcomes. They study how to use technology to improve education. In addition, they conduct research in private and public enterprise, nonprofits and educational institutions.
A PhD in educational technology can lead graduates to many career opportunities. Some graduates continue in the same professional roles and use their experience with research to enhance their skill set on the job. Others doctoral graduates may find careers as:
- Instructional coordinators
- Chief learning officers
- eLearning developers
- Training and development specialists
- Instructional designers
- Teacher at the college or university level
- Advanced Graduate Studies and Scholarship
- Psychoanalysis and Psychodynamic Theory
- Theories of Inquiry
- Theories of Cognition, Motivation, Collaboration, and Learning
- Humanistic, Transpersonal and Existential Psychology
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
GCU proudly welcomes doctoral applicants wanting to pursue higher levels of achievement in learning and research. You may be accepted by meeting one of the criteria below:
- Earned a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher. Applicants with a GPA less than 3.4 may be accepted with specifications.
- Earned a master's from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher. Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 - 3.39 will be accepted with specifications. Applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 will not be accepted.
International40200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 2 months.
National40200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.