Before earning the degree, learners must conduct psychological research to develop and test new ideas and theories. This research ensures that they will be expert practitioners who are fully capable of supporting counseling students and clinical counselors.
On the path to supporting other counselors, doctoral learners will improve their own practice and impact the health outcomes of the clients they work with. This learning happens as a result of coursework and research, residency, internship and practicum requirements. The combination of theoretical and hands-on work transitions counselor education PhD students into the next stages of their careers.
Graduates from the Doctor of Philosophy Counselor Education and Supervision program at Grand Canyon University have many opportunities to see growth and change in their careers. They may choose to stay in their current practice and apply the research and learning to improve the lives of their clients, or choose to advance in a new career, such as:
- Faculty member
- Advanced clinician
- Director of school guidance
- Director of counseling agencies
- Advanced Graduate Studies and Scholarship
- Ethics, Laws, and Multicultural Issues
- Pedagogy of Counselor Education and Models of Supervision
- Theories of Inquiry
- Leadership and Social Justice
- Special Topics in Counseling Education and Supervision
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
GCU proudly welcomes doctoral applicants wanting to pursue higher levels of achievement in learning and research. You may be accepted by meeting one of the criteria below:
- Earned a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher. Applicants with a GPA less than 3.4 may be accepted with specifications.
- Earned a master's from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher. Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 - 3.39 will be accepted with specifications. Applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 will not be accepted.
International41540 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 2 months.
National41540 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.