This PhD in Psychology from University of Technology Sydney assists students to complete original research that contributes to knowledge in their field within an international context. Research at UTS takes place in a dynamic and outcome-oriented environment. The University attracts students who want to develop their knowledge and expertise within a professional and stimulating framework. When students enrol, they become part of a lively and vigorous research culture, working closely with academic staff and professionals from clinical psychology and mental health industries.
This degree prepares candidates for leadership positions in teaching, management and research. Opportunities are not limited to Australia and there is the possibility of developing a career on an international level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students undertake a research project that may be in a professional or clinical area of the student's choice, or may be of a theoretical nature, addressing gaps in knowledge related to policy or practice.
- Students choose from a variety of research methodologies with the research approach being determined by the nature of the research undertaken. The research culminates in the production of a thesis for examination.
- Students work closely with a principal supervisor and a supervisory panel and are required to report on their progress each session.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 8 other PhDs in Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master's by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 7.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall with TWE of 5.0, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 27; or AE6: Pass; or PTE: 65-72; or CAE: 185-190
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35760 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17880 AUD per semester during 48 months.
- For this course, the cost per session is $17,880.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- CSC UTS PhD scholarship
- International Research Scholarship
- International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP)
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS President's Scholarship
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.