Because finance research draws heavily on the discipline of economics and requires extensive training in quantitative methods, students in the Finance program from University of California, Riverside are required to study microeconomics and econometrics in addition to taking seminars in the field of finance.
- After completing coursework and passing the comprehensive exam, students are required to produce a dissertation containing original research.
- A large portion of their time in the program will be devoted to this research and to communicating their research findings to others in written and spoken English.
- Students will complete this work under the close guidance of the finance area faculty, who are among the world’s leading scholars in finance. For additional information on the faculty members, please see the finance area faculty.
- Empirical Methods in Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Pricing Theory
- Empirical Methods in Finance Research
- Corporate Finance Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admissions applicants are expected to have completed a bachelor’s degree at a four-year accredited college or university and to have attained an undergraduate academic record that satisfies the standards established by the Graduate Division of University of California, Riverside.
- In addition to the following requirements, all applicants must meet the general requirements as set forth in the Graduate Studies section of the General Catalog.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Financial aid generally consists of tuition plus income in the form of stipends or teaching assistantships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.