The PhD student will start his/her research thesis in the first semester and will continue it throughout the whole four years of the PhD program. Courses will accompany the research thesis mainly in the first 2 years.
The accompanying courses will provide the PhD students with the ability to discuss and evaluate their results in the context of other research results as well as designing future research projects.
- Research: Postdoc/scientist in national or international laboratory involved in molecular/genetic/ biomedical research o Postdoc/scientist in translational research centers
- Industry: lab manager, scientist
- Academia: University teaching and research
- Health Service: Manager of diagnostic laboratory, manager of research unit in hospitals,
- Government: managing grants and research strategies in the area of health and disease
- Publication: employee/editor of scientific journals
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The distinctive feature of the program is the close connection between clinical and scientific research forming a bridge from bench to bedside.
- Projects will involve research in the areas of causes, new treatments and/or new diagnostics of different illnesses such as cancer, infectious disease, autoimmune diseases and many others.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biochemistry Genetics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completion of the PhD degree application form by the applicant on admissions.nu.edu.kz.
- Evidence of successful completion of either:
- 1st and 2nd cycle of higher education in a relevant discipline (including completion of a two year masters degree with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale), OR
- completion of a MD program or equivalent, OR
- Sufficient English language skills to be able to function effectively at PhD level, English-language environment, provided by
- Proof of a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS test with no less than a 6.0 in any subject or the TOEFL equivalent, OR
- Proof of completion of an academic degree in a university taught in English language,
- A project proposal for the PhD in biomedical sciences
- 2 reference letters
- any other documentation supporting your application i.e. evidence of any professional and/or voluntary experiences that develop essential skills related to laboratory work
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.