The Computational Science and Statistics - Statistics Specialization at South Dakota State University will emphasize curriculum and research programs focusing on problems at the boundaries of effectiveness of current modern statistical methods. Students in this specialization will received a multidisciplinary education combining the curriculums of the Mathematics and Data Science specializations.
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or master's degree in mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Have strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Are able to grasp the essence of complex situations
- Have good communication skills
- Want your quantitative skills to have an impact
- Data Scientist
- Statistical programmer
- Financial analyst
- Research and development manager
- Quality assurance engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Computational Science and Statistics (COM)
- Dissertation PhD (COM)
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Numerical Analysis
- Advanced Calculus
- Measure and Probability
- Numerical Optimization
Numerical Linear Algebra
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesStatistics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 34 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 337 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.