Graduates will deliver evidence-based direct patient care at an advanced practice level to individuals across the lifespan in primary care settings, and will translate evidence based research and guidelines to transform practice. Graduates are prepared to work collaboratively with rural communities to reduce health disparities.
Outcomes for The Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program at South Dakota State University
The graduate of the Doctor of Nursing Practice program will demonstrate the competencies:
- To prepare graduates as clinicians and leaders with a special focus on rural and underserved populations.
- To prepare graduates to deliver evidence-based direct patient care to individuals across the lifespan in primary care settings.
- To prepare graduates to produce and implement scientific evidence to guide practice.
- To prepare graduates to work collaboratively with frontier, urban and rural communities in an effort to reduce health disparities.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice at South Dakota State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Informatics
- Transformational Leadership in Nursing
- Clinical Genetic and Genomics-Advanced Concepts
- Clinical Epidemiology Advanced Concepts
- Translational Research in Health Care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Human Medicine Nursing View 12 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
- 1500 hours of documented nursing practice experience prior to the first clinical lab or within the first program year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 337 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.