Overview of the Philosophy programme at the University of Hradec Králové
Philosophy is not conceived as an isolated discipline but as a discipline in dialogue with the findings of the social sciences (and some natural sciences), especially sociology, cultural and social anthropology, political science, cognitive science etc.
Students are well oriented in international philosophical discussions and will understand international developments of philosophical issues. The Philosophical Faculty’s strength lies in core areas of analytic philosophy, especially the philosophy of mind and the philosophy of language.
Philosophy leaves students with abilities applicable to a remarkably broad range of career endeavours.
Transferable skills include rigorous critical thinking; the ability to understand, interpret and analyze the texts, reasoning and argumentation in both written and verbal forms.
Graduates are professionally and linguistically fully prepared to work in public institutions, business management, non-governmental organizations and the media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind
- Political Philosophy
- Philosophical Anthropology
- Philosophy of the Natural Sciences
- Philosophy of the Social Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- an application form
- a verified copy of the master or engineering degree diploma in English (in Philosophy or related disciplines)
- a transcript/supplement proving the content and the scope of the previous master studies
- a confirmation of the language competence to study in English (B2)
- a proposal of a research project at the extent of approx. 4 -5 pages (especially the topic, the definition of contents, the theoretical frame, objectives, methods of elaboration and the list of related literature) and prospective publication activity
- a structured CV
- at least 2 references/recommendations from the university of graduation
- a copy of passport
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Awarded in cases of outstanding academic results, these may partially cover the tuition fee; the exact amount depends on individual academic record and exam results.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.