Overview of the Political Science - African Studies programme at the University of Hradec Králové
Students gain theoretical and methodological knowledge as well as practical skills at one of the many partner universities or research institutions in African countries. Students carry out extensive field research in Africa related to the topic of their doctoral dissertation.
Graduates are professionally and linguistically fully prepared for independent scientific research, teaching, media, non-governmental organizations, diplomacy, or work in public institutions such as ministries with agendas focused on Africa. Graduates are well-suited to all institutions searching for experts in area studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of Political Systems
- Methodology of Scientific Research
- Philosophy of Mind, Language, and Culture
- Africa in the System of International Relations
- Political Institutions of Africa
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Political Science
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- an application form
- a verified copy of the master or engineering degree diploma in English (in Political Science, International Territorial Studies or related disciplines) *
- a transcript/supplement proving the content and the scope of the previous master studies
- a confirmation of the language competence to study in English (B2)
- a proposal of a research project at the extent of approx. 4 -5 pages (especially the topic, the definition of contents, the theoretical frame, objectives, methods of elaboration and the list of related literature) and prospective publication activity
- a structured CV
- at least 2 references/recommendations from the university of graduation
- a copy of passport
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Hradec Králové
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Awarded in cases of outstanding academic results, these may partially cover the tuition fee; the exact amount depends on individual academic record and exam results
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.